Joined: 12 Jun 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Creating Checks Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:06am
I am trying to create a report to print checks. I can get the check but I can not get the 2 check stubs. Each stub can only take up 3 inches and there are 2 stubs per check. I tried to create a sub report but if the stub has more lines than 3 inches it runs the rest of the check. I need it to print up to the 3 inches then continue to the next stub.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:40am
When I printed checks, we would a) use a stored proc b) count the number of lines and bring out multiple 'checks'...but all but the first or last would be mark VOID.
For exactly that reason, if the sub info was too long it mess up the check.
For the dataset, we returned 2 tables, 1 the check, 2 the stub. The stubs were obviously keyed to the checks, but our checks would be like 1A, 1B, 1C...check 1 with 3 pages of stubs, and only check 1A would be valid.
To do this we needed the stored proc so that we could manipulate the data based on the number of stub lines allowed.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum