| Author |
Message |
Didley
Newbie
Joined: 07 Aug 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Topic: Single User-Input Value for Parameter Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 3:43am |
|
I've kind of been tossed into this world of Crystal Reports and have almost no understanding of how it works.
Right now what I need is to add in a parameter to a report template that the user running the report inputs. I've figured out how to add the parameter, but the problem is, it needs to go into 6 separate footers.
It is the same value in every footer, so rather than having the user input the same value 6 times when he/she runs the report, I'd like it to just be a single prompt.
I know this is possible, because there are other parameters in the report that are only prompted for once, but appear on each of the footers. Unfortunately, I wasn't the one that designed the template so I do not know how it is done. Very appreciative of any help you can provide.
Regards,
Josh
Edited by Didley - 08 Aug 2013 at 5:51am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 4:37am |
Are these 'footers' in sub reports? Edited by DBlank - 08 Aug 2013 at 5:52am
|
IP Logged |
|
Didley
Newbie
Joined: 07 Aug 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:38am |
This is what I'm referring to. Each of those "footers" contains the same parameters, but when the report is run, the user only has to enter/select a value for all of them once (except for the one I'm working on, Report number).
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:53am |
sorry images are blocked by my current machine location.
maybe someone else can see it and respond ?
|
IP Logged |
|
Didley
Newbie
Joined: 07 Aug 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:04am |
|
I believe that they are sub reports in the footers. The report window looks like this:
Report Header
Page Header
Details
Report Footer a
....
Report Footer h
Page Footer
In each of those footers there is a sub report with several of the same repeating parameters. When you run the report, it only asks a value of those parameters once. When I try to add a new parameter onto each sub report, I have to enter a value for each one even though they are always the same.
Edited by Didley - 08 Aug 2013 at 6:05am
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:09am |
you can add the param to the main report and use it as a link to the subreports
add the param to the main report only
right click on a sub report
change subreport links
Edited by DBlank - 08 Aug 2013 at 6:10am
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:13am |
|
once you link it you can open and edit each subreport and use the linked version inside that.
|
IP Logged |
|
Didley
Newbie
Joined: 07 Aug 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
|

Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:13am |
|
I think I got it! Thank you so much, DBlank.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|