|
I have a file BOMH which is BOM header and I have another file BOMD which is BOM details - I want to explode the BOM and print the lowest level components.. Please note Parent code NE1
Componets within comp1 , comp2. raw1,
Explode comp1, comp2 comp3 again
comp1 with raw3, raw4 and comp20.
comp2 with raw3, raw7 and comp21.
Explode again comp20 comp21 again....to its lowest level. Its a case of a parent code with componets that have components within ....
|
|
If I understand correctly, you want to recursively go through the parts, listing a subassembly and its parts...
CR won't let you have a subreport of a subreport, so how to work around this...my standard answer, a stored proc, return 2 tables, say assembly number and part number. The stored procedure would recursively go through the assemblies and populate the tables. How to display them might be another issue, although you might put a 'level' field in assembly table
It's an idea, but I am pretty sure that you cannot accomplish what you want in CR alone without a stored procedure...and I've been wrong before
HTH
|