Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problems with dates Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Matteo_Luccio
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Matteo_Luccio Replybullet Topic: Problems with dates
     Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 8:54am
I am have trouble with date fields and date parameters. Here are a few recent notes about these problems, some or all of which may be related:

2013.07.25
When I browse the values in a field in a table (Delivery.Promised_Date), they range from "11/30/2007 12:00:00AM" to "12/31/2114 12:00:00AM". However, when I am setting up a data range parameter for that field and I use the action "Append all database values", the values returned range from "11/25/2007 12:00:00 AM" to "2/27/2012 12:00:00 AM". I think this is because CR, by default, returns only the first 1,000 values in a field. I am waiting (in my previous discussion on this forum) for someone to tell me how to change this default setting. I am using CR version 11.0.0.1282 and my OS is Windows XP Professional 2002, which, I believe, is 32-bit.

In my date range parameter, I allow custom values and range values (but not multiple values and discrete values). When I run the report and the parameter prompts me to enter values for the start and the end of the range, in the format "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss", I enter "2013-07-01 00:00:00" and "2013-07-25 00:00:00".Yet the report returns values in that field ranging from "11/25/2007" to "12/31/2113" -- which is neither the range I specified in the parameter nor the full range I see when I browse the values in that field!

2013.07.30
The "Promised_Date" field in the "Delivery" table contains 53,203 records with 1,737 unique values, ranging from 11/25/2007 to 12/31/2014 (I know this from running a report with only that field). When I browse the contents of that field from Crystal Reports, I see only 500 unique values, ranging from 11/30/2007 to 12/31/2114. When I try to set up a parameter field using the values in the "Promised_Date" field and I tell the "Create New Parameter" wizard to "Append all database values", I get only 402 unique values, ranging from 11/25/2007 to 2/27/2012.

2013.08.01
I used two parameter fields to set up a date range, entered the date range 2013.07.15 - 2013.07.19, ran the report, then grouped by that field. I used the same field for the two parameters and for grouping and I inserted that field in the report. I got records for 2013.07.16, 2013.07.17, and 2013.07.18, but the grouping tree on the left hand side of the report shows only one value, and it is... 2013.07.14!

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions!

Thanks,

Matteo
Matteo Luccio, President
Pale Blue Dot, LLC
Writing about geospatial technologies since 2000
www.palebluedotllc.com
541-543-0525
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 10:20am

crystal does only select a certain amount of records to populate dynamic parameters unless you change your registry setting. Just search REGISTRY in this forum - here is one example -

 
creating a parameter and placing that parameter in your report does not filter the data unless you use the paramter(s) in the select statement e.g.
{table.Promised_Date} in {?startdate} to {?enddate}
 


Edited by DBlank - 01 Aug 2013 at 10:22am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum