Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab -Suppress a Column Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mrtj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote mrtj Replybullet Topic: Crosstab -Suppress a Column
     Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:24am
I want to be able to filter/present all crosstabs as "Total" and Active. Active means the clients don't have a code in a field called Termed. If Termed is blank then it is an Active client
So I have this table

GENDER
        Total         Active            Closed
Total     200             50               150
  Female  110             30                80
    Male   90             20                70

I want this instead

GENDER
        Total         Active           
Total     200             50              
  Female  110             30               
    Male   90             20 

I dont want to display Closed because it means nothing to the viewers of this report.
Since when You run "Active" it will display all values, then I get that extra column automatically. That is the nature of Crosstabs.

Maybe it is possible to suppress the Total column (with some checkbox somewhere), then create a derived column that adds Closed to Active and suppress Closed
             



Edited by mrtj - 01 Aug 2013 at 3:28am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 10:29am
I wouldn't do this in a cross-tab.  Instead, I would group by gender, create one formula so that you can count the active people and then use summaries to get your numbers.
 
The formula would have logic like this:
 
if {MyTable.Status} = 'Active' then {MyTable.PersonID}
 
Do a distinct count people per group and grand total people.  Also do a distinct count of active people and the grand total active.
 
Put the grand totals in the report header and the group totals in the group header.  Suppress all other sections.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum