Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Conditionally format an object Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kris10l
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote kris10l Replybullet Topic: Conditionally format an object
     Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 9:10am
I'm working in Crystal Reports 2008 and I've been tasked with having a box change colors based on the value result of a defined database field.
 
I can apply conditional formatting via Format Field for a data field, but I'm not seeing an option to apply Formula Fields via Format Box.
 
Can I apply conditions directly through the Formula Workshop?  How do I identify my box?
 
Thank you for any help you can provide!
-Kristen
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 10:04am
Rather than using a box try using an empty text box.
right click
select format text
select border tab
select background formula and add your formula there.
IP IP Logged
kris10l
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote kris10l Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 10:22am

Thank you for the response.  I found it and it appears to be accomodating my needs.

:) kristen
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum