Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Topic: Select last record from each group Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:46am
Good Morning!
I am trying to create a report of all employees and their last login process code.
I have three tables to work with:
1. Employee (PK EmployeeCode)
2. Production (PK Code-index key, assigned every time a new line is added to the table- not the employee code, although that field is part of the table structure)-lists all employees and all processes they clocked into for every day
3. ShopLogIn (PK EmployeeCode) - lists last time the employee clocked in with any process.
My report needs to show:
EmployeeName, EmployeeCode -Employee table
LastLoginTime-ShopLogIn table or Production table
LastProcess -Production Table
How can I get that? I grouped the records in the production table by employee code and in my details section I see all records for each employee, in descending order by the date stamp on each process they clocked into. How can I suppress everything except for the last process for each group?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:18am
Suppress the details section. Put the detail data that you want to see in a Group Header section. Since you've sorted in descending order, this will display the first set of detail data for the group. If you had sorted in ascending order, you would put the data in the Group Footer section because the most recent date would be the last one in the group.
Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:53am
Wow. I tried so many things, including this, but I have two groups, and I put the data in the first group (department) and not the second group (employee). Thank you!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum