Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Parameter selection not recognized Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Joscan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Joscan Replybullet Topic: Parameter selection not recognized
     Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 7:28am
Hi There,
have another issue with a report. I am trying to set up a parameter that prompts the user when the run the report to make a selection of either one value or multiple or a range.
Unfortunately it is not working.
Let's start with what I think is the main thing here:
In the over all report I have numerous Groups.
The very first grouping is on Project #, then Project name, Project Manager.....
 
I am trying to set a selection parameter on the Project #
 
What I did:
New Parameter ->Name -> Value Field List and select Proj.PSPID->Actions and select Apend All DB Values -> False for custom Values, True for Range and single and multiple values.
 
Then I go to the Record Selection. Select PROJ.PSPID and set it to is equal to and select my parameter. I click ok. Then when refreshing the report I get prompted for the parameter. I make a selection. But it runs the whole 9 yards and returns all values.......
 
I am not sure if I need to make a Group specific record selection. I looked into that but did not know how to set that up.
 
Any suggestions?
 
Thanks,
Stephan
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 7:44am
what does your select statement look like right now?
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 11:15pm
Hi Joscan,
 
Post your record selection/ saved data selection restriction formula.
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum