Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Problems IsNull Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dpanders
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dpanders Replybullet Topic: Problems IsNull
     Posted: 28 May 2013 at 5:36am
I want to see the results for all reviews completed within a certain time period (no problem). Based on the result of the review, I want to ALSO see the result of a secondary review. If the secondary review does not exist (review ID), I just want a "NA" message displayed.
 
My problem is that I can see either / or but not both.
 
When I insert my field that should (in my logic) display the results of the secondary review using an IsNull statement, I can see the secondary reviews, but the output is ONLY those cases where a secondary reveiw exists and I lose all my other output (those where a secondary review is Null). I do not want to use a sub report if I don't have to.
 
My field / formulas:
 
{PA Initial LOC}
If {MED_NECESSITY_REVIEW.OUTCOME} = "PMCIA" THEN "-" ELSE
IF ISNULL ({PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.PHYSICIAN_ADV_REVIEW_ID_JOIN}) THEN "-" ELSE
IF {PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.ADVISOR} = "EHR" THEN {PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.REVIEW_TYPE} ELSE "-"
 
{PA Determ}
If {MED_NECESSITY_REVIEW.OUTCOME} = "PMCIA" THEN "-" ELSE
IF ISNULL ({PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.PHYSICIAN_ADV_REVIEW_ID_JOIN}) THEN "-" ELSE
IF {PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.ADVISOR} = "EHR" THEN {PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.LOC_DECISION} ELSE "-"
 
If I take these two fields off the report, then I get all my initial review results back. When I include them, I only get the output on cases where a secondary review exists.
 
 
Darren P. Anderson, MSN, RN

Manager, Utilization Management
Vidant Medical Center
2100 Stantonsburg Road
Greenville, NC 27834

Phone (252) 847-2402
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2013 at 3:08am
Hi

to test whether you will get all reviews data or not just do the following :

--place below fileds in detail section

{PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.REVIEW_TYPE}

{PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.LOC_DECISION}

--In Record selection formula give the below condition :
{PHYSICIAN_ADVISOR.ADVISOR} = "EHR"

Just check the results
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
dpanders
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote dpanders Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2013 at 3:23am
I should have said that I am able to get the reviews in a separate report. I want to have them on the same report. Not all records are referred, so I only want the results for those that are to appear in columns with the rest of the data (to include the non-referred ones).
Darren P. Anderson, MSN, RN

Manager, Utilization Management
Vidant Medical Center
2100 Stantonsburg Road
Greenville, NC 27834

Phone (252) 847-2402
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum