Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Setting a New DB Location Prob Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
viperbyte
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 38
Quote viperbyte Replybullet Topic: Setting a New DB Location Prob
     Posted: 20 May 2013 at 4:13am
Good morning everybody :)
 
I'm having a hard time changing my report's current database to it's intended database.  It looks like doing the "Database/Set Location" thing I'm only able to select one table.  Is this correct?  Am I only able to select one table per subreport?  I need to be able to select two tables and no matter what sequence of "Set, Set Location, Done" I do, I can only select one table at a time per subReport.  Currently my report is working off of an Access Querry that is made up of two tables.  Now I need to point to the real database via an ODBC name and am having a one table limitation. If I select the invoice header table then I have unmapped fields that belong to the invoice detail table.  If I then do the set db thing to set the invoice detail table then I have unmapped invoice header fields.
 
 Can someone please tell me how to go about this?


Edited by viperbyte - 20 May 2013 at 4:14am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:57am
It's been a while, but I would try creating a new connection for the 'real' odbc connection.

You should be able to select lots of tables...perhaps, CR has lost the connection information and so cannot display the other tables for the report to connect to.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum