Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: I need help separating an item's sales by store Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sushiwelldone
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote sushiwelldone Replybullet Topic: I need help separating an item's sales by store
     Posted: 09 May 2013 at 4:17am
Hi,

I'm really new to Crystal Reports 2011, and I feel like this question should have a simple answer. I've browsed through the forum, but couldn't find anything that seems to fit the bill.

I've got a basic report for sales of separate items sold at multiple stores. The details on the reports are:

Store # | Vendor | Item # | Item Description | Quantity Sold | Total $ Sold

I want a single item's sales to be separated by store, but it always comes back combined. Where I should get this:

001 | CAR | #123 | Magnet | 3 | $3.00
002 | CAR | #123 | Magnet | 2 | $2.00

I get this instead:

002 | CAR | #123 | Magnet | 5 | $5.00

I've tried Separating them out into different groups, but the records still get combined anyway.

Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
joeg1962
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote joeg1962 Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:38am
Looks like a sum of a group. In other words, I suspect you have a Group setup to include store and/or item #.
Are there Group level definitions in the report? If so, what are they?
IP IP Logged
sushiwelldone
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 May 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote sushiwelldone Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2013 at 11:12am
I did have this as part of a group by Store. When I ran it with the groups shown, the total of one item, sold at all three stores, just showed up listed in one store, and nowhere else.

With the group hidden, the problem expressed itself as I showed above.

I tried deleting the group entirely, and got the same result.

I wonder if it's a problem with the stored procedure because this is a default report from RetailPro that I've modified, and the default report I haven't meddled with has the same issue.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum