Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Indent by Hierarchy Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jdd223
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote jdd223 Replybullet Topic: Indent by Hierarchy
     Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:15am
Need some help:
 
I want my report to indent tasks beneath their respective projects hierarchically using CR XI.
 
I have a field named "TYPE" that contains the type of activity and its hierarchy level (e.g., Project-1, Project-2, Task-1, Task-2 etc.). 
 
Based on the TYPE field value, I'd like the report to print:
 
Project 1 Title
   Project 2 Title
       Task-1 Title
            Task-2 Title
 
Indents = 0.5 for each hierarchy.
 
Can I use an "If Then" statement to do this or is the another approach?
I'm a beginner in programming, so please don't assume I know how to script your suggestion.
 
I tried the group report by hierarchy option using the group Title and the TYPE field but that didn't work.
 
Thanks. JDD
 
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2013 at 4:31am
right click on the field and select size and position
there is a formula icon next to X: value
this is where yo can put a formula to "indent"
 from Crystal Help screens...
"

If (Orders.Ship Date) < CDateTime (2004, 01, 01, 02, 10, 11) then 4320

Note:    The number 4320 represents the new position that you want to define as the second column. The position is measured in twips; there are 1440 twips in an inch."

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum