Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: link to a pdf Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
theotherdodge
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 40
Quote theotherdodge Replybullet Topic: link to a pdf
     Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 6:20am
I did a search and did not find what I was looking for...  Cry
 
I have a report that I want to allow the user to click a field and that will take open a pdf file located on our server.  I did a right click, format field, when to the hyperlink tab, selected "a file" under the Hyperlink information, I entere the server name and path (\\vn-...\d...\g...\ ) and in the formula field, I referenced the pdf file name ({vGateLog.InRefNum}).
 
That doesn't work as I get a message that says, "Unable to open the hyperlink:" {file name provided in formula}
 
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!  Smile
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:16am
Hi

The option you are selecting the right way of calling a external file.

When you go in to hyperlink and 'a file' option.. there is a Brose buttom try to select a existing file on your server and save and check you are able to open that file or not.

If you are not able to open means, check your access levls with the server or firewall.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum