Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: database table value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nitrotech
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Quote nitrotech Replybullet Topic: database table value
     Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 9:14am
I have a report that is filter by employee id and a review date.

the report also prints out the department number

I want to add the description from the database which I know the table is cdept2.name

Problem is it only prints the last value in the table not the value for each employee id.

What i'm I missing for it to print each description for that employee?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 9:26am
did you join the table stogther correctly ( i am guessing employee.dept_id=cdept2.dept_id)?
IP IP Logged
nitrotech
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Quote nitrotech Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 10:03am
yes these are the tables
einfo.cc2 = dept number
cdept2.name = dept name for cc2

Not sure what you mean by join. thanks
IP IP Logged
nitrotech
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Quote nitrotech Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 10:26am
thanks
you where correct I did not have the join done right.

thanks again
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum