Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Creating Charts from Calculated Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
wibni
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote wibni Replybullet Topic: Creating Charts from Calculated Fields
     Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 1:34pm
Hi, I'm using Crystal Reports 2010.

I got some shared variables from my subreport.
I then use these variables for some calculations with fields in my main report.

Is there really no way to create a simple bar chart from these calculated fields in my main report?
Can I really only create charts from database fields?
Calculated fields won't even show up in the selection list of the report.

Surely there must be a way around? Is this limitation still around in later versions?
Would appreciate any advise.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:50am
yeah, I don't think so.

here's my reasoning. CR wants to generate the chart during the initial reads of the database...not while print records, which is when the variables in the report are populated. So in effect, there is no data for CR to use at the time that it is generating the chart.

It's just a guess, but if it's close to the truth, then I don't see CR changing it, they already are making 2 or 3 passes through the data as it is prior to display.

And I've been wrong before...

HTH
IP IP Logged
wibni
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote wibni Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 4:53pm
Thanks. Got it working after all.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum