Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Print formatting issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
blairr429
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote blairr429 Replybullet Topic: Print formatting issue
     Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 8:07am

I am writing a crytal report with the following stucture:

Group 1: School
    Group 2: Student
        Group 3: Category
            Details

I am trying to split the details into two seperate columns with formula fields. This is working fine except, one of the formula fields is printing below the other, and I can't figure out how to make them print on the same level.

It looks like this:

Category A       Category B
detail 1
detail 2
                detail 1
                detail 2
                detail 3

I want it to look like this:

Category A       Category B
detail 1         detail 1
detail 2         detail 2
                 detail 3

I feel like I'm missing something very simple, can anyone help me!

Thanks,

Rick
IP IP Logged
joeg1962
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote joeg1962 Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 8:47am
You will need another group level, and something to make the first column detail1 match the second column detail 1. I assume it will not be as easy as that '1' from both. Perhaps they both happened on the same day; therefore a group by date, and then print the max of each column might work.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum