Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Chaining/linking reports together Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 10:48am
I am using Crystal XI with Sage 100 Advanced (MAS200). The user needs to print an additional page with different information for a specific customer. This page is completely separate from the original and should not have the same headers, footers, or details. They do not want to have to generate the second form manually. They don't want to suppress the first page for the customer, they need both pages. Is there a way to chain a second report to print based on a parameter field?
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 4:00am
Thanks DBlank. I tried using the report footer, but I'm still getting the page headers. I didn't try it as a sub-report though. I'll give it a go. Thanks.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 4:04am
if the content of you data for the last page does not require new data you wont need a sub report.I assumed it would require a whole different set up data and that is why I suggested the sub report.
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 4:13am
I think I'm missing something. If I am printing a range of customer numbers, and the customer number in question is in the middle of the range, how will PageNumber=TotalPageCount?
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 4:44am
Originally posted by DBlank
Sorry I assumed incorrectly that you the 'extrea' page was the last page of your report.
YOu need to fit an 'extra page' int ehmiddle of the report for one specific customer that is choosen by a run time parameter, correct?
Is the report grouped on customer?
Exactly correct - I need to print an extra page with different info for just the specified customer, so it would be hard coded. The run time parameter is the range of customer numbers to print.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 10:17am
Not sure the best way to do this. Yu should be able to fairly easily adda group fotter that you conditinoally suppress based on your condition of the customer. I am not sure how to conditionally suppress the page header or footer on that page and only that page...
is the customer field in your data set on evey row in the group?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum