Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Topic: CrossTab Help Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 9:47am
I have a report with a crosstab placed in the report footer to generate totals based on a certain sequence. The report is not grouped by this sequence and cannot be. The information that appears in the crosstab is the exact information that I need.
The problem is I need to be able to use the totals of the fields by sequence in Group Footers.
Is there any way to use information generated in a "grand total" crosstab elsewhere within a report?
Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 2:44am
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, that method doesn't work for my needs. I tried doing a sum of the field based on the group (sum({field}, group)) but it would not let me use the group for whatever reason.
So what I ended up having to do was create a subreport located in the report header that gets run only ones. The subreport uses a shared number variable to calculate the totals, then a shared string variable to store all the information in a single string so I can pass the entire string to the main report. I delimited the totals with '/' before each groups totals to allow for easily distinguishing each set of totals.
In the main report I grab the necessary information out of the string by locating the group key in the string and gather the totals information. I was then able to use those totals where necessary in my report. It was an around-the-world way of doing things, but works fine without slowing down the report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum