Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: cross-tab question more than 1 row Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mrtj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote mrtj Replybullet Topic: cross-tab question more than 1 row
     Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:33am
I would like to run more than 1 field or row in a cross tab letting using different rows at the same level. Ie, not having row 2 be subordinate to row 1. Subreports sound like overkill. Is that my only option. If so, I don't know how to use that as the subreport overlays onto the main report. Back to my question I want to run a table with columns of males and females crossed by rows of demographics.

                                 Male       Female
                                ====       =====
Race
B
W
Other1
etc

then either a page break here, or just continue on.

State
====
Ohio
Michigan
Indiana
etc...

Next demographic
case1
case2
case3
etc

Is there a way without subreports or totally different reports,
and how can I copy my query so I don't have to rebuild the col row refs over and over and over.
Thanks,
mr.TJ

Instead I am getting a convoluted mess of infinite hierarchy.....
                                        Male                    Female
B
     Ohio
          case1
          case2
          case3
    Mich(repeat the cases)
W (repeat for each race)
  


Edited by mrtj - 26 Mar 2013 at 8:38am
IP IP Logged
mrtj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote mrtj Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:46am
since cross tabs are placed into report headers, I believe my work around is to go into section expert menu, click insert new report header, which gives me report header b, then repeat as many report headers as I need reports created for each new field.

Then in design view right click the first cross tab and paste into each newly built report header. Then, go into crosstab expert at each report header and change the field I want to report on. That seems to be working so far.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum