Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: If {Field} IN (1,2,3,4) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Mike Hoyt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Mike Hoyt Replybullet Topic: If {Field} IN (1,2,3,4)
     Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 11:06am
I want to condionally suppress a field label.  I learned in my last foray that when I drop a DataField on the report, I can conditionally suppress the associated label by adding a formula to the Suppress parameter of the Formatting box. 

In this case, I want that formula to suppress the label if the value of the associated data field is any of several possibilities.  So I think I want a formual in the label like

{DataField} IN (1,2,3)

So suppress if any of 1,2 or 3.  But not sure if there is an "IN" operator or correct syntax.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 11:16am
crystal syntax uses [] instead of () for the array IN operator
{DataField} IN [1,2,3]
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum