Topic: Null values when passing subreport Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 10:29am
I am creating a report to summarize MRP information.
The supply (purchase order) information is in one file and the demand (work order information) is in another file.
In the main report, I have:
detail a: Purchase Orders detail b: Work Orders (subreport)
I have them linked on the date. When the main report is displayed, it looks like this:
Date Work Order Purchase Order Qty 3/04/13 123456 2 3/04/13 W123456 -1 3/05/13 W132456 -3 3/06/13 976543 12
The problem is that because this report is linked on the date, the work orders that don't have matching dates in the purchase order file are being ignored. For instance, there might be 3 Work Orders on 3/1/13 that the report is ignoring because there are no purchase orders on that date.
If I don't link on the date, I'm getting ALL of my work orders listed in details b for every date.
have you considered not using a sub report and just link the tables in the main report
I did try this (that's where I started, actually), but I'm getting tons of duplicates there as well. I think I need to start over and re-think how I'm approaching this report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum