Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: sub report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
stevetothink
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote stevetothink Replybullet Topic: sub report
     Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:56am
Hi,
 
I've inserted a subreport and linked by unique employee ID. My subreport displays the headers but the data is blank. I'm a novice at crystal so I'm looking for help with this.
 
The subreport is actually an existing report in my database. In order to run the existing report you have to put a "to" & "from" date in the report run wizzard. I'm thinking that my subreport is failing to return data because it is not getting the input for "to" and "from." However, when I open the report, there aren't any fields labeled "to" and "from" so I'm thinking the database is doing something behind the scenes that I cannot see in crystal.
 
Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?
 
Thanks,
Steve
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 10:49am
You'll need to add to the link from the main report to the sub-report so that you can set the values of the date parameters.
 
1.  Create the date params in the main report.
2.  Under Change Subreport Links, select your From date parameter in the top left and move it to the top right.
3.  On the bottom right, uncheck "Select Data in subreport based on field".
4.  On the bottom left, drop down the list of parameters and select the From date parameter that's in the subreport.
5.  Repeat steps 2 through 4 for the To date.
 
Also, be aware that Crystal will not do nested subreports so if the report you're using for your subreport also contains a subreport, Crystal will NOT include that nested subreport in its output.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum