Hello,
I have a really noob-level question. I'm trying to customize a pre-existing report (Crystal 11.5). In our SQL database, unique accounts are identified by Trips.tdate+Trips.job, which are both string-type fields. In said report, there's a distinct count of formula Trips.tdate+Trips.job to give the total number of trips for the group in the report. I want to add to the report by giving a breakdown of the total trips by type of trip. So, for instance, in my head, I was going to create additional formulas such as:
Trips.tdate+Trips.job where Trips.calltype=1
Trips.tdate+Trips.job where Trips.calltype=2
Trips.tdate+Trips.job where Trips.calltype=3
Based on those formulas, I was going to additional distinct counts of those formulas to give me my breakdowns. I found out very quickly that this wouldn't work, as Trips.calltype is a number-type field, and the formula errors out expecting a string.
I honestly don't know how to work around this. If one of you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction, I would be very thankful.