Hi Guys
I have battled with this now
for a couple of days and seeking your help. I know there must be a way to do
this.
I have 3 groups that needs to
work with budget figures.
Now for each element i have a
budget and then that must roll up to the total budget for Process and all the
processes must then sum to the Total budget for department. Now myproblem is,
against each record in the database i have a column that gives me a budget
figure for that record. So I can't just go and sum it, so what i did for
Element is i only used a summary based on MAX so it will return the max amount
i.e the budget for that element.
But how do i get that max now
summed to roll up to Process and then sum process data to Department without it
looking at the database records only use the value on the report for element.
e.g.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/costreport.png/
Now my problem here is as you
can see from the bottom of the image i have the budget figure of Salaries which
is 71 505.00 which is obtain through a MAX Summary of this group 3. Now i need
to roll this up to Group 2 of all the processes for this group i.e. 71405 +
4900 but i only want to sum the data now on the report and not the database
values as my Group 3 summary is based on a max. I have also tried and change
this so that i use sum of each record's
budget for this group and divide it by the count of records to also obtain the
budget figure but still then i dont know how to only sum the values on the
report to drill up. And then all the elements must drill up to the Process and
then all process must go up to Human Resources which is group 1...