Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Use formula for multiple fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
SteveV
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote SteveV Replybullet Topic: Use formula for multiple fields
     Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 4:12am
I'm new to crystal and have a report that creates a label containing 10 lines. These 10 lines are read in as one dataset. Each of these lines needs to go through a parser that takes out specifically marked areas and replaces them with data.
 
I've written the the parser and it works as expected. However since I need to parse 10 different fields I'd like to just have one formula and send each of those fields through it.
Right now I've made multiple copies of the formula for each line and within each formula I set my working string equal to the field for that line.
 
To me it's just ineffecient. If I need to make a change I have to do it 10 times the way it's setup now.
 
 
 


Edited by SteveV - 24 Jan 2013 at 4:14am
IP IP Logged
CrystalGoon
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote CrystalGoon Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 8:05am
I work with a CMC Server for report scheduling.  I created a logic set and stored it as a custom function on the server and am able to call it in multiple fields without need multiple formulas.
IP IP Logged
SteveV
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote SteveV Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 8:16am
We don't have a CMC server. Is it possible to do this without one?
Even if there is a way to determine what the name of the field calling the formula is within the formula that would help, because I could just set a case statement and set the correct variable.
 
 
IP IP Logged
SteveV
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote SteveV Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 2:16am
Bump
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum