Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Unable to create two inter database joins Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bowja
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 31
Quote bowja Replybullet Topic: Unable to create two inter database joins
     Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 5:06pm
Hello Crystal Reports Book community,

I urgently need some help with a report I am attempting to build. I have been able to complete 95% the report, which I would consider to be easy!

I have two data sources. An ingres db and an access db.  One table in ingres, called cases, contains the bulk of the information I require however there are two fields: facility_id and agency_id in the cases table which relate to the location_id fields of two access tables: agency and facility.

Using a join I want to pull the description fields for the ids from each of these tables and add them to my report.

I have been able to successfully join both of the fields independently in separate reports i.e. facility or agency, and return the description. However unfortunately when I create the second inter db join I get the following errors: "Failed to retrieve data from database" and "Invalid argument provided".

I have even tried duplicating the access db and creating the join and  creating another join between the two dbs and I seems every time I add a second inter db join I get the error.

I need to produce the report by COB next Monday so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.


Ouch
If you think you can or think you can't you are right - Paraphrased quote Henry Ford
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 8:16am
I used to work with a database and if I attempted to create more than two joins to a table, it would fail.  Finally determined it was the ODBC driver.  Unfortunately it was a proprietary database, thus we ended up porting the tables I needed to a MS-SQL DB (daily update).  I know it is not much help, but sometimes you are at the mercy of the drivers.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum