Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Format String as a Date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kellyjean621
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote kellyjean621 Replybullet Topic: Format String as a Date
     Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 3:19am
I have a string field that some values are formatted as 01/01/2000 and some are formatted as 01012000.  There is also the occassional blank and occasional text like "unknown".
 
I need to skip the blanks and occasional text and format everything as as a date in the 01/01/2000 format. 
 
I don't know where to start - Ive done a ton of googling, but haven't gotten far...can someone please help me??
 
Appreciative,
 
Kelly


Edited by kellyjean621 - 16 Jan 2013 at 3:21am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 7:43am
maybe this?
isdate(picture(replace({table.field},"/",""),"xx/xx/xxxx"))
IP IP Logged
kellyjean621
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote kellyjean621 Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 10:18am
If I could jump through this screen and kiss you, I would.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum