Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Updating previous rows in Crystal X Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 9:29am
Hi, I have created a running total using a formula, and I want to go back and add this final sum to the first row in the Details section.
So far, I can display the final sum in the group footer, but when I go back to the first row and use EvaluateAfter(..) in the formula field, the final sum seems to be zero, and the running total is not added at all.
Any ideas? I reset the variable that keeps the total in the report header.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 10:39am
I don't think you can do this using a standard report. Reports are generated sequentially and the first detail record is printed prior to the final sum being calculated.
One way around this would be to use a global variable with a subreport. Use the subreport just for calculating the total and save that to a global variable which can be used in the detail section. You would also suppress the subreport so that it doesn't mess with the main report's format.
I have more information about how reports are processed and using subreports to create hidden calculations in my new book CR Encyclopedia.
Edited by BrianBischof - 06 Dec 2007 at 10:42am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum