Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Topic: User Accessibility and Controlling the Design View Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 8:00am
I have created a CR that contains several suppressed sections with drill down enabled.
I would like for users to be able to access this report, but restrict them from accessing the design view so they can't accidentally make changes to the formatting.
Is there a way to control who can access the design view? Or is there another format I could save the report in that would maintain the same usability?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 9:07am
alas, if they are opening the CR development environment, they can change the report any way they want.
I've heard various schemes to prevent users from changing the report, but none work except setting the file to read only...but how hard is that to get around? ... just not 'accidently'
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum