I have inherited an existing ERP system written in
FP2.5W and Crystal Reports 10 is used for reporting. One of the reports
uses one of the main tables, PartMast.
Occasionally, when this
report is run using the "live" data, it will fail and and error message
"Failed to open rowset" is created. When this report and a complete
copy of all of the tables are copied to
a different drive, and the .RPT file is corrected for location, the
report runs successfully.
In all my years working with FP and CR, I have not seen this occur. I
understand that CR is read only, but could it be failing on the "live"
server because of a rights issue? A file or record lock of some kind
preventing CR from reading the data?
My first thought was as always, check the data, but with 29,000 records it will take quite a review.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks is advance