Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing A Field On Change of Another Field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rkohs
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote rkohs Replybullet Topic: Suppressing A Field On Change of Another Field
     Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 3:51am
Hello,

I current have something like this:

Agency                         Prod
#       Agency Name       Type
73    Insurance Group       BP
73    Insurance Group       LL
73    Insurance Group       UL
73    Insurance Group       WC

What I want to have happen here is have the 73 and insurance group supressed so only one of each is showing. I am currently grouping this by Agency # and Prod Type. So the final output should be:

Agency                          Prod
#       Agency Name       Type
73    Insurance Group       BP
                                       LL
                                       UL
                                       WC


I'm assuming what should be done is supressing if duplicated but this does not work. I believe I need a formula to go along with it.

Edited by rkohs - 04 Jan 2013 at 4:07am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 7:50am
What results are you getting with "Suppress if Duplicated"?
 
Another way to do this:
 
1. Group by either Agency # or Agency Name (based on which order you want to display the data.)
 
2.  Put the Agency # and Agency Name fields in the group header.
 
3.  Put the Prod Type field in the proper location in the details section.
 
4.  Right-click on the grey area to the left of the Group Header section and turn on "Underlay Following".
 
This should get you the format you're looking for.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
rkohs
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote rkohs Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 3:16am
Thank you! Grouping by agency name worked!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum