Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Datetime field help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Ariel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Ariel Replybullet Topic: Datetime field help
     Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 6:47am
I have a report that the end user wants to have pull all records with an empty COMPLETED_DATE field.  I'm having problems figuring out how to pull this...do I have to convert the datetime to a string?  How do I do that?
Any help is appreciated
Ariel
IP IP Logged
shanth
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Quote shanth Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 9:00am
Report->Select Expert-> Record
ISNULL(COMPLETED_DATE)
IP IP Logged
Ariel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Ariel Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 11:14am
Thanks so much!!
IP IP Logged
mallerdy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote mallerdy Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:23pm
I have a question along the same line.  I have a discharge date field and I only want selections to display if there is no discharge date.  I am relatively new to CR and I tried to decypher your help, but I can't figure it out.  Any additional advice would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 1:09am
Try this through record selection :


isnull({dischargedate}) or {dischargedate} = ' '

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
mallerdy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote mallerdy Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 5:58am
That worked!  Thanks so much!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum