I'm using CR2008 and I am having a problem:
I'm trying to put a sub-report on the first page that spreads over two columns, then have the normal report on pages 2-x (which does not have columns).
I'm checking the "Format with Multiple Columns" box on the details section of the sub-report but when I run the report, the sub-report columns works great and looks great as long as the data of the sub-report fits on one page. If there is enough data to make the columns in the sub report go on to a second page, then in the viewer there is extra white space on the right hand side of the detail section which looks bad.
What I want to do as a solution is limit the sub-report to only one page. When I set the "new Page After" check box to limit the visible records to only be what SHOULD fit on one page...it messes up the multiple columns and other formatting.
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem of what seems like "Multiple Columns" and "X Visible Records" seeming to be mutually exclusive?
If so, is there another way to limit the subreport to only be one page?
Any help is apprieciated. Thanks!