Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Summary from Transaction Table Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lmfl123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote lmfl123 Replybullet Topic: Summary from Transaction Table
     Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:11am
Hi,

I operate a wholesale business and am working on a report from a table that records transactions (sales, receipts, etc) for all items that I stock. For a given item, each transaction is recorded as a new record, with a transaction ID to differentiate the type of transaction (eg 1 for a Sale, 2 for a Purchase, etc). For my report, I am trying to show Item #, Description, Stock Qty, Qty Sold, and Qty On Order.

My problem is with getting a sum for the Qty Sold and Qty On Order fields. I placed all of the data (Item, Desc, Stock) in the Details section and suppressed duplicates for all so that each item is displayed as a single summary line. For Qty Sold I did a running total (sum) and set to Evaluate on Transaction Type Sale with reset on Group. The data appears correct but displays as though it is showing a list for each transaction (like you would expect a running total to do) so that each item is no longer a single line. What do I need to do to correct these?

This is probably pretty basic but I am still on my 30 day trial and trying to work through in bits and pieces so I can figure out if CR will do what I need. Thanks for any info.

IP IP Logged
DaBoujibo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote DaBoujibo Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 12:30pm
Did you use any grouping in your report?  Like based on Item #?  On a cursory look, I would suggest grouping by Item #, and then adding summary to sum the Qty Sold and Qty on Order. 
 
What is the desired final result for this report to show?  The sum of the Qty Sold and Qty on Order per Item?  That's what I am interpreting from your post.
 
But please advise on the grouping.


Edited by DaBoujibo - 13 Dec 2012 at 12:32pm
IP IP Logged
lmfl123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote lmfl123 Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 4:19am
Yes, I did group by Item and it looks okay until I insert the Running Sums for Qty Sold and Qty On Order. These display the full running sums (which I guess I should have expected) when I really only want the final value. It seems like a simple sum would be the correct thing to use, but it doesn't offer me the option to evaluate on a variable like Transaction Type.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum