I've been trying to learn ways to filter out unwanted data from a report without altering the database and I think I reached the point where I might progress faster by asking people for support (or I just kinda got fed up with it). So I hope that somebody here will be kind enough to take the time to read this and maybe give me some kind of guidelines/help since I'm not even sure if I'm on the right path here.
So first, here the setup of the report that I'm currently working on:
Visualisation:
http://postimage.org/image/hpkyrhw1x/Attempt to explain fields
A:Beton W=0.22 rmi_cad_type_id1.NAME
Decke rmi_cad_object_kind1.NAME
Volumen rmi_cad_value_kind1.NAME
316.29 rmi_cad_object_value1.VALUE
1 - 18 @tZähler
31 - 228 Actual amount of data lines
Suppression for Details
{rmi_cad_object_kind1.LANGUAGE_ID} <> 1
or {rmi_cad_value_kind1.LANGUAGE_ID} <> 1
or {rmi_cad_value_kind1.NAME} <> "Volumen"The correct counter "@tZähler"
global numberVar nTest;
if {rmi_cad_object_kind1.LANGUAGE_ID} <> 1
or {rmi_cad_value_kind1.LANGUAGE_ID} <> 1
or {rmi_cad_value_kind1.NAME} <> "Volumen"
then
If Previous({rmi_cad_object_value1.VALUE}) <> {rmi_cad_object_value1.VALUE}
then
nTest := 0
else
nTest:= nTest
else
If Previous({rmi_cad_object_value1.VALUE}) <> {rmi_cad_object_value1.VALUE}
then
(nTest := 0;
nTest)
else
(
nTest := nTest + 1;
nTest)
This is purely for practice. It isn't supposed to be pretty or make too much sense for now. The only goal is to unclutter it. The database itself is filled with data about a building. Doors, walls, windows, lengths, areas and much other stuff... and that in three languages.
With the trial and error method I managed to filter out a big part of it and, which ended up taking forever for some reason, count the visible data lines. Though obvously I'm still far away from the ideal.
The goal would be a single line output that would look somewhat like this:
18x A:Beton W=0.22 Decke Volumen 316.29
So basically just the very last line of the group would be good enough, with some slight changes, anyway. Also those bold numbers on the left are groups which are displayed even though they have nothing to show and I don't really know how to get rid of them.
I think if I could put the last result of the @tZähler (counter) into the group footer and just suppress all the data fields I'd be pretty close to the wanted result. The issue is that I don't really know how to do it. I kind of imagined that declaring a variable as global would make it useable "in the whole" report. But since I can't seem to be able to make a field that displays the last known state of my variable into the group footer that doesn't seem to be the case.
I'm sorry for this being slightly longer.
Thank you very much for your time~