Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Pulling Data in report help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Spartanx117
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Spartanx117 Replybullet Topic: Pulling Data in report help
     Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 8:17am

I run a report each month to show a groups progress in sales. The data pulls for the current month, but I have a certain field I'd like to incorporate.  I would like it to search a full previous history to pull 2 new fields.  If the account that has just paid has ever paid before, or not.  I pull the total payments each month, so I would just need 1 of those fields to make both mathematically sound.  I have been able to gather the data 2 different ways, but it doesn't allow the rest of my report to function perfectly. 

I would group on account_n field, and then do a count of payments for that field.  If it was = 1, and the only payment was the current month, then it was considered a new payer.  This worked perfectly but the base of my data was the whole table... instead of just the current month so it skewed my totals and other calculations and I was unable to correct them with able options.   I then just tried to make a query and replicated it to the one I made in crystal and tried to run off that, but the same thing happened.

I just don't know how to get both sets of data to cooperate so the rest of the data stays intact and correct.  I use crystals 2011 and access 2010, and I have both options available to pull from.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 4:04am
you either have to pull all of the data and suppress what you dont want to see and exclude it from your totals/calculations using shared variables or running totals
or
use a access to create a view with grouping that gets your required new data field (e.g. let the view pull all data to flag an account as new or not) and then use that as an additional source in your report (likely outer joined)
or
use access to get all the data the way you want it and just use that as the source


Edited by DBlank - 13 Dec 2012 at 4:05am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum