Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: So New, So Much Help Needed Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 6:13am
Hi there! I've taken an introductory Crystal Reports XI class but I'm way too lost when dealing with a report that was written by a much more experienced coworker who is no longer with the company.
Basically, we need to calculate a Target Ship Date. Delivery Date - Shipping Lead Days = Target Ship Date. But we don't want the Target Ship Date to land on a weekend.
We've been using the report this other employee made without issue until recently. Suddenly, it's dropping orders in to ship on Sundays. Below is what I find as the formula that was written - NO changes have been made by anyone. Only a couple of us could even begin to find where the reports are stored to begin with.
Any ideas you can provide to correct the issue would be greatly appreciated!!
{Delivery.Promised_Date} - If (DayOfWeek({Delivery.Promised_Date}) - ({Job.Lead_Days})<2) then ({Job.Lead_Days}+ 2) else {Job.Lead_Days}
//{Job.Released_Date} + If (DayOfWeek({Job.Released_Date}) + remainder({@BUFFER DAYS},5))>6 then {@BUFFER DAYS}+ (truncate({@BUFFER DAYS}/5)*2) + 2 else {@BUFFER DAYS}+ (truncate({@BUFFER DAYS}/5)*2)
Joined: 07 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 6:58am
Originally posted by comatt1
might have to do with the truncate, what is populating the Buffer Days formula?
I'm not 100% sure. I can tell you that we have an operation labeled as "BUFFER SHIP" which works toward our backward scheduling. I'm not quite sure how to drill in farther to identify the value CR is pulling for BUFFER DAYS. In probably 99% of the time, the BUFFER SHIP is 5 business days.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum