Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Using a date range promt for main and subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Needhelp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Needhelp Replybullet Topic: Using a date range promt for main and subreports
     Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 8:17am
Hi

I have a crystal report with a main report and a number of sub reports.

The main report has date data as do the sub reports but they may not be the same date.

I need to set up a prompt parameter for the user so that they enter the date range and this searches the date range of the main report and all the sub reports and returns data from within these date parameters.

The main report and sub reports are already linked by another field.

I am having real difficulty doing this, any ideas?
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 8:26am
link by multiple parameters, pass the dates as parameters to the sub reports.
IP IP Logged
Needhelp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Needhelp Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 8:31am
I have been trying to do this but I must be doing something very wrong. Are you able to give me some simple steps to acieve this.

Huge thanks for your help
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 10:13am
Is the linked date part of the selection criteria for the sub-report?
IP IP Logged
Needhelp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Needhelp Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 10:48am
I need it to select the date range for the sub reports as well as the main reports. No date is specifically selected from within the sub reports I need it all to be generated via the user selection parameter.


IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 12:28pm
The linked date needs to be part of the data selection (selection criteria of the sub-report).   Normally I create a prompt in the sub-report that is part of the selection criteria, then link the main report prompt to the sub-report prompt (at least that is what I remember, I haven't had to do it for a few months).
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum