Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Viewing Reports in Infoview Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
AnthonyJ
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote AnthonyJ Replybullet Topic: Viewing Reports in Infoview
     Posted: 03 Dec 2007 at 4:31pm
Hi,
 
I exported the World Sales Report to Infoview. When I tried opening the report, it prompts me for a database logon for the Xtreme Sample db. I understand that this database doesn't require login information so I just click the OK button but it still prompting me to login. What do I need to do to display the report without the db login appearing ?
 
Thanks.


Edited by AnthonyJ - 03 Dec 2007 at 4:33pm
XIR2 on Unix Solaris
CRXIR2, Oracle 9i/10g
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 5:51am
Hi
 
Do you have Admin rights .... if yes logon to CMC Crystal Management Console
 
Go to the Report then click on the report name
 
Once done that click on process tab then click the Database  link after that
 
Check at the bottom
 
version XI
 
You have 3 radio buttons select the last one
 
When viewing report:

                      Prompt the user for database logon
                      Use SSO context for database logon
Select this    Use same database logon as when report is run
 
in version 10
uncheck the box
Prompt the user for database logon when viewing
 
Cheers
Rahul


Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 04 Dec 2007 at 5:52am
IP IP Logged
AnthonyJ
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote AnthonyJ Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 9:27am

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for responding to my query.
 
I selected the last option "Use same database logon as when report is run". However, when I viewed the report in Infoview, I got this error message - The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.
 
From the Data source, the "Use original database logon information from the report" was selected and no user and password supplied as what it should be.
 
Any idea why I'm getting this error ?
 
Thanks.
 
 
XIR2 on Unix Solaris
CRXIR2, Oracle 9i/10g
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 12:43am
Hi...
 
I tried the same , I am not getting any error.....
 
I am using Crystal XI and Crystal Enterprise XI ..... The database used for
 
World Sales Report is
 
Xtreme Sample Database 11.5
 
 no username password...
 
Try doing this
 
Open the report in Cyrtsal Reports XI and see if it runs .... can you post me the Datasource settings once you open the report in Crystal XI
 
Thanks
Rahul
IP IP Logged
AnthonyJ
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote AnthonyJ Replybullet Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 10:45am

Hi Rahul,

The report looks okay when opened in Crystal Reports Designer. I am using CR XI and BOE XI.

Datasource is

Xtreme Sample Database 11.5
Properties
- Database Type : ODBC (RDO)
- PreQEServerName : Xtreme Sample Database 11.5
- Use DSN Default Properties : False
 
XIR2 on Unix Solaris
CRXIR2, Oracle 9i/10g
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum