Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: S-Curve report in Crystal Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rcw823
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2012
Location: Philippines
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote rcw823 Replybullet Topic: S-Curve report in Crystal Reports
     Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 8:04pm
Hi Guys,
 
I need your advice regarding what is the best way to design an S-Curve report
 
I'm required to produce a Crystal Report with an S-Curve Chart above and raw data at the bottom. I'm supposed to fit the data in an A3 page. I have no problem with the chart since I'm able to create a line chart with the project duration as X-Axis and the target and actual values plotted in the Y-Axis. There is no problem with the project duration being dynamic when displayed in the chart because I'm using auto-layout option, but I don't know how to display the raw data below the chart to match the corresponding date. Aside from the fact that the columns are dynamic, I also need to fit everything in one page
 
Please see below an example of what I'm trying to create:
 
|
|
|
|_____________________________________________
10/2010   11/2010   12/2010 ....... .......  ...... 3/2013
 
     0              10            15                              100     <---- targets/ project
     0               8.5          12                                80     <---- actuals/ project
 
 
 
As you can see, the rows are fixed and the columns are dynamic
 
I've tried to look into using cross tabs and subreports but I'm not sure what is the proper report type to use. In cross tabs, the data continues to the 2nd page.
 
If there is no better way to do this, I might be forced to display each row as a long string. Even if this is an option, I can't predict if each data would properly align with the project duration date. Is there a way to compute the spacing of the chart?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 7:49am
Unfortunately, there is no way to do that directly in Crystal and, because of the variability of the width, I don't know of any way to do it in any other tool (such as Xcelsius) either.
 
-Dell


Edited by hilfy - 26 Nov 2012 at 7:49am
IP IP Logged
rcw823
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2012
Location: Philippines
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote rcw823 Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:26pm
Hi Dell,
 
Thanks, I figured it out already. Here is what I did, I used format with multiple columns under section expert and set the detail width using a width of .41 inch. I works perfectly for a 36 month project duration. However, if the project exceeds 36months then I'll just have to generate a new report. unless of course there is a way that the remaining months will be displayed in the second page.
 
Thanks!
Raymond
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum