Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Topic: Merging Donor Information Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 6:00am
I have been unsuccessful in researching this topic, so hope someone has come across the same issue. We have our source (donor) information in one table (we call our accession lots). They are actually linked to this table from our Parties table.
The problem that I have never been able to resolve is that we can have multiple donors with separate party tables linked to one accession lot. In just about every case, the donors are family members. I have been trying to figure out a way to merge the donor information if the information is the same. The way I thought I could do this is that if their role is the same (="donor") then only pull the first record's address and suppress the second. If both donor information is pulled, then the object information repeats, so have just been deleting the second donor source, running the report and then adding back to the database record.
Any suggestions on how to approach this type of selective reporting? Thanks.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 7:37am
Group by accession lot. Put ALL of the data for your report in the group header section for this new group. Suppress the details section. This should display all of your lots with only one donor displayed for each.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum