Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Show zero for data not in database Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chudok
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 18 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Quote chudok Replybullet Topic: Show zero for data not in database
     Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:50am
I am not sure how the best way to do this, but I have 30 branches.

I am working on a report that not all the branches have data in the database (yet). 

I need to be able to list those branches with a zero (0) qty. The other branches will be a count of records.

Example:

Branch 1 - 0 (This is not in database so I need to have a list of branches somewhere) (I tried an excel sheet but I got "Data types are not compatible", my crystal data is String. 
Branch 4 - 5
Branch 6 - 3

Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
shanth
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Quote shanth Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:16am
If you mean: when there are no records for Branch 1-0 then you need zero QTY
Create formula for QTY: If Branch = {branch.field} and ISNULL(Count(Records)) then 0 else Count(Records)
If you mean: you dont have some list of branches in database, then you need to hardcode according to your requirement.
If these dosnet help you, please explain a bit more about issue....
IP IP Logged
chudok
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 18 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Quote chudok Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:19am
I need to hard code my requirements.  But how do I do that in the report?

I need to hard code all the branches.

Branch 1
Branch 15
etc.....
IP IP Logged
shanth
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Quote shanth Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 4:47am
You need some related field to hard code, For Ex, here you need Field1
If Field1= 1 then 'Branch 1'
ELSE IF Field1=2 Then 'Branch 2'
.
.
.
ELSE  'Branch 15'

If you dont have related field, I dont think its possible unless you can keep that list in excel kind of file and add is as second source for your report
IP IP Logged
chudok
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 18 May 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Quote chudok Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:57am
Here's the issue that I brought up in my first post.

I get an error back when I try to join the excel document.  I cannot figure out how to change my branch #'s to a string to match the string from Crystal/my database.

Any ideas on how to either convert or what type of table to use to get the two to join?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum