Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report Title usin groups Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JlloydJ1666
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote JlloydJ1666 Replybullet Topic: Report Title usin groups
     Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 3:39am
Hi all,
 
im using Crystal Reports 2008 and Infoview to shedule (with no publishing)
 
I have a report that I want to schedule to a selection of users. I realise that i cant dynamically do this without having publisher. What I thought the next best thing would be to have all the group headers set as the title of the report so that when I scheule it in INFOVIEW the users can quickly glance over the title and see of there on the "hitlist".
 
Any idea how I can do this?
 
thanks for your help
Jon Lloyd
:)
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:05am
are you changing the report title dynamically within the report? there is a special field named "Report Title" that references the summary information "Report Title". Not sure if this is what you mean though.

What I think you want is to setup groups within a function. If users log into CE individually you could setup groups by the Current CE user ID and group users in that.


shared stringvar title:='';
if Current CE... in ['itcem','itasm'] then
title:='IT';
If Current CE.. in ['acaem','aceem'] then
title:='Accounting';

title


---------------
You can group by this formula field, but I may be way off.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum