Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Duplicate Result Chart Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
takugian
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote takugian Replybullet Topic: Duplicate Result Chart
     Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 12:39am
Hi, guys!!!

I've done many topics, but I need. Who already answered me know that my boss needs to implements a new kind of report here.

Well, let's go to the question. Now, it's about charts.

I have to do a pie chart with sum of a result. For example... I have a table with a field "STATUS" that can be "A", "B", "C" or "D". This part I did it. I did a query that return to me the count of each kind of "status".

Now, with these values, I need to create the chart. Well, when I did it, the results are duplicated!!!

In my example, I have three results. Each result is of a result. A: 1, C: 1 and D: 1. But, in my report, it appears 9 results! 3 equals of each status!!!

On SQL, the query works very well and I delete the chart, the report works well too. But when I add the chart, the duplicate starts. I thinks it's cause of GROUP BY.

Any help?

Thanks!!!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 4:05am
sounds like you are running the query multiple times and not joining it so it is giving you a cartesian result.
IP IP Logged
takugian
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote takugian Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:58am
I did it using sub-reports. Each chart I used an own sub-report. It worked. I will add more and more registers in the report to see if this will happen again. I think it'll work perfectly.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum