Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Grouping question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lorimack
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Quote lorimack Replybullet Topic: Grouping question
     Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 9:41am
I have 5 groups with totals. 
 
911     5
self     19
phone  3
state    7
report   10
 
I Want to leave Self in a group all by its self with a total of 19.  I want to lump all the other groups together to show a total of 25 so that it looks like this.
 
Self 19
All Other 25
 
How can I do this?
IP IP Logged
shanth
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Quote shanth Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 9:53am
Create of formula for that field like:
If {field} = self then 'self' else 'All Other'
Now groupby this formula

IP IP Logged
lorimack
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Quote lorimack Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 10:11am
That worked greatly!
 
Thank you!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum