Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Pulling Data from 2 tables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TVanBuskirk
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote TVanBuskirk Replybullet Topic: Pulling Data from 2 tables
     Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 6:21am
Hello all,

I am new to Crystal Reports and I have been tasked with learning how this monster works. I am trying to pull a list of email addresses from our database who have selected to receive our newsletter. In the database, the people are separated into 2 categories (tables): clients and leads.

How do I create a list of email addresses who have are marked to receive our mailing?

Any help is greatly appreciated. And let me know if I need to provide additional information to assist in my dilemma.

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
martbar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote martbar Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 7:14am
you need to know which field in the tables holds the email data then move it over to the details section. If you have a names field that would be helpful as well. You can move that into the details section. So when you export to excel it shows name in one column and email address in another. You can do this for both Clients and Leads.
IP IP Logged
TVanBuskirk
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote TVanBuskirk Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 9:09am
Thank you for your response. The field names for each table that I am using are:

Email
ChkNewsletter

Each is listed under the "client" and "leads" tables.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum