Hi All,
I'm kind of in a bind with what I have available to me and need some advise on enhancing the performance of one of my dbs/reports.
I am stuck using Access as my db. Not so bad if my record set was not very extensive, but as it may, I have roughly 9.3 million records in the DB.
This represents all change activity done on our system since inception. I need this for data retention requirements and had to export from a SQL system that we will no longer support or have access to at the end of this month.
There are only about 10 fields of info but obviously tons of records. This will only be used to research historic info and likely pulling a very small subset of info.
Currently in my testing, I'm only trying to gather a single days records into a report to compare to the original system report but the crystal runs for about 10 mins before displaying my report.
Any suggestions of paring that runtime down?