Hi Folks, I need to write a pretty simple report that looks at both a Customer and a Prospect table, both of which are associated to SalesID, count the nuber of contacts associated with each based on anohter filter, and then group the results on SalesID and sum that count across both tables.
Certainly this is very simply done in something like Access, but I'm just a moderately experienced Crystal Report designer and an not experienceed with SQL, so creating a custom view or something similar is not a good option. THe report neexs to be done in Crystal so it can be run on demand from our business system.
Is my best bet simply to insert a sub report that looks at the Prospect data after the custoemr data has been tallied, then use variables to tabulate the totals in each? Just want to be sure I do the most effiicient thing for my "moderate" Crystal background.
Thanks All...