Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Query From Alternate Item Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cgreene
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote cgreene Replybullet Topic: Query From Alternate Item
     Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 3:21am
Hi,

I am a bit new to using Crystal, and I have an issue that hopefully I can get some help with.  I am creating an Inventory Stock Status for MAS 90 and I need to change how it reports on the quantity ordered for our parts.  We contract out our manufacturing, so in order to capture the costing accurately we have had to create a bill of material for each item (the BOM includes the raw material, packaging and also the service of manufacturing the good).

Here is the question - what we actually need to report on as far at the quantity on order would be an item code that is different than the item code that we keep in stock.  The item code that we order is the service - an example of this would be SVC-2E15-4B, while that actual part would just be 2E15-4B.

In Crystal the field for the on order quantity is {IM_StockStatusWrk.QuantityOnPurchaseOrder}.  How can I get this to point to the item that begins with SVC-?

I hope this makes sense, and I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks,

Chris
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 5:42am
use a running total, in the evaluate for {item} like 'SVC*'
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum