Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Summaries including subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
db3712
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Quote db3712 Replybullet Topic: Summaries including subreport
     Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 10:52am

I have a report that pulls data from history tables.  My formula pull less than or greater than 60 days based on two dates and groups based on being either under or over 60 days.  I also have that data sub-grouped based on region.  I have a second report that pulls data from my open tables.  The date formula is based on different fields than in history.  Every is over 60 days in the open report.  I need to take the data in the open report and add it to the group in history that is over 60 days.  An additional problem I foresee even if I can pull the data over is adding that data in open to the history report based on region.  Data in history that is under 60 days will be unaffected by the open data, but I need to combine and total the lines that are over 60 days from both reports.  I may need to provide more information.  Any help is much appreciated.   Thank you.

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 1:37pm
sounds like the simplest solution is to create a stored procedure that will combine the data that you need into 1 table with all the information that is required.  Adding data from a subreport, if it is just a total is not hard, but if you want to 'move' the data, this could be more complex...all depends on how your data looks and where you run the subreport.
 
to be fair, all my solutions usually start with use a stored proc...they are way more versatile than what CR allows with just joining tables together.
IP IP Logged
db3712
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 44
Quote db3712 Replybullet Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 4:25am

Any other ideas.  I don't know how to write stored procs.  Thanks regardless.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum